Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Random Ramblers Crew Discovered With A Hint Of Bruce Lee




Hidy Ho Neighbors! Our adventures took a late start today around 1:00 pm pacific time. Cadin, Coen, Kalyx and I wandered in to Taqueria Guaymas with rumbly tummies for a quick bite to eat before heading off to yet another adventure. Not much really to rave about. The tacos are bigger than what I am used to coming from a Taqueria but they certainly are not better. I wasn’t thrilled that I over ordered tacos that I wasn’t going to force myself to eat. The lack of flavor and service killed it for me. The enchiladas that we didn’t order tasted like it came from a Hungry Man T.V. dinner. We bagged up our awful leftovers for Lisa (Note: She will eat anything.) Lisa also commented that the food wasn’t that great. So needless to say lunch was NO BUENO and not worth taking pictures of the food, just a sign!! BEWARE!






After lunch we headed over to pick up our good friend Lisa so we could head off to Sea-Town. Where are we headed you ask? To Bruce and Brandon Lee’s grave sites. No we aren’t grave robbers or stalkers it, just so happens to be a coincidence that Jimi Hendrix used to be buried in that same cemetery so we thought we should get that adventure out of the way. Bruce and Brandon’s graves weren’t nearly as elaborate or lavish as Jimi’s but they were nice and there was a bench there in their memory so you could sit and share a moment I suppose. There was one guy in particular that was there just before us sitting on the bench in tears. Bruce Lee meant a lot to him. He left a note for Bruce on hotel paper about how much he impacted his life. I may have to go back to Jimi and leave him such a note. I was unaware that dead people can read. During our visit to the graveyard we spied a very suspicious woman wearing a cloak from afar and wondered if she was a vampire or something of such. We took a picture of her and it worked so we assume now it was just a woman wearing a cloak. This is just something you don’t see everyday and apparently random enough too make it news in this blog.

<



Our original plans were to head off to Discovery Park the park nearest to the cemetery. That would be my error. Volunteer Park is next to the cemetery so, we headed over there. We were so excited as I parked the car; until I caught something out of the corner of my eye……it was to my dismay the woman in the cloak. Throwing the car in to reverse we decided to follow this woman who made us so curious. We had to get a better look!?! We never caught up enough to see her front side but we did get another picture of her awesome looking cloak. While Lisa snapped this picture two more odd girls entered the picture. Just as I was saying “What the heck are they wearing?” Cadin screams out “its Inyu Yasha.” I instantly knew that we stumbled on an Anime convention. Lisa and I both agreed almost instantly that we would stick to our original plans and head to Discovery Park. I found myself putting the car in reverse for a second time.



It’s about 3:00 p.m. When we finally arrive to this ginormous park. We went to the furthest parking lot away from the entrance. We all bundled up to hit the trails and Lisa made a sandwich with everything you could imagine on it. It was yummy and gave her the energy that we didn’t know we needed to complete this journey. We decided to head toward North Bluff and Beaches. These trails and this park are amazing. The nature surrounding is all such a sight to see. We explored so many nooks and crannies along the trails.






We eventually made it to our first stop Beaches. I should of known what I was getting myself in to when I spotted the stairs and a woman panting as she made it to the top. Oblivious to her struggle to breathe we went down the stairs. Then more stairs, some more stairs, Once again more stairs and so on and so forth I think you catch my drift right? At the bottom of these never ending stairs is a little opening that opens up to the cold Pacific Ocean. “Very cool” was on our minds. We rested on some logs for a bit enjoying the sound of the waves and taking in the refreshing smell of ocean air. After our little break we started looking at rocks. This beach has some really cool rocks. We collected a few and stumbled upon natural clay. Coen dug up a ball of clay so we could bring it home to give to his art teacher. I think it will be a nice surprise for her on Monday. I discovered a perfect flat rock for skipping. Lisa gave it a toss and got two nice big skips out of it. Skipping rocks inspired Cadin to learn how to skip rocks. He asked Lisa to teach him how. Cadin skipped his first rock today. I can’t tell you how proud I am of him picking up so quickly on how to skip rocks. I can’t wait till the 4th of July this is when I do most of my rock skipping. We just might have to have a rock skipping competition.




























After a good hour give or take at the beach we decided to head toward the Light House. It was a nice long walk along the ocean side. Kalyx sure did enjoy walking all on her own and didn’t like it when I would randomly pick her up so we could make some time. Upon arrival to the light house we saw a park ranger locking the gate. I didn’t get any pictures of the light house but what I could see was pretty cool looking. Good enough to make another trip someday. By what I am told we didn’t even scratch the surface of what this park has to offer. Pictures aside though….at the sight of the park ranger my stomach sank. I knew at that instant that it was going to be dark soon and we were about two miles from our car!! Not only that it wasn’t just two flat miles. Think back to the stairs. In that instant Kalyx was on Lisa’s shoulders and we were all going at the pace of a trot.








We quickly made it back to the bottom of the bloody stairs and proceeded forward taking turns with baby Kalyx. I will never forget how much my darn legs hurt and how out of breath my obese butt was when I finally reached the top. Sheesh!! That’s all I have to say about that. At the top Lisa got Kalyx back and again at the pace of a trot we headed back to our car. It was getting darker and darker by the second. Jason my husband kept calling and calling Lisa’s phone (hence the word Lisa’s phone, I promise I will touch on this sensitive subject one day.) worried that we were going to be swallowed by Discovery Park forever. Jason usually can’t make these adventures due to his rigorous work schedule not because he is a bad father. He works 7 days a week many hours a day. He often let’s us know how sad he is that he can’t be with us. He may take next Saturday off to join us….. I sure hope it works out! On Jason’s last phone call alas we reached Jack. (My car.) Boy was he a sight for sore eyes in my panic stricken state.





Our adventure ends as we all pile in to Jack and Lisa proceeds to make one hell of an Atkins ham wrap that we all share due to all the calories we burned. We were all starving! Thank goodness for the smart one of the crew who brought food. On our way home we became a crew. We are now known as the Random Ramblers Crew thanks to Cadin and Coen. I thought it would be nice to ask everyone what they discovered on our adventure to Discovery Park. Kalyx discovered what rocks are and how to say “rock.” Coen discovered that natural clay is on some beaches. Cadin discovered how to skip a rock and natural clay. Lisa discovered that an Atkins ham wrap how disgusting it sounds is actually quite delicious. Finally I discovered how morbidly obese and out of shape I am.








On our way to Discovery Park we ran in to a few things that I thought might be honorable mentions......On the way to Discovery Park we saw random gnomes in somebody's window?!? We saw the statue of Jimi Hendrix on Broadway, I was sooooooo…… excited. After taking a wrong turn we ran in to Lisa’s dream car minus the guy flipping us off. We also saw The Mystery Machine which we last spotted years ago in LA.
















On that note, tune in next week to the Random Ramblers Crew. Come see what our next adventure will unfold. I think it might have something to do with Trip Trap, Trip Trap. It will be a short adventure due to Coen’s Birthday, but it is sure to be a fun one!! Happy 8th Birthday Coen!! This is Tania and this is my blog Random Ramblings. Over and Out!! Have a great week!!























No comments:

Post a Comment